Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mini Goal

I like the idea of the mini goal. The article I posted yesterday got me thinking… Most of the time, when I think about my healthy lifestyle changes, there is a number associated with success. The date I am leaving for vacation, the size number I want to be, the weight number I want to be. Always a number and then that number becomes the measurement of success or failure. So instead of thinking about the end goal or the final number I am going to give this mini goal thing a try for a while and see what happens. (Notice I said “for a while” and not for 1 month or 6 weeks… no numbers here!)

I guess like good cooking, simpler is better. A couple of mini-goals to get me through till Monday:

Mini Goal: Complete menu for next week including lunches
Mini Goal: Work out every other day.

Stay tuned…

5 comments:

  1. I think mini goals are a great way to stay on track too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge believer in mini goals. If I only focus on one big goal, I know I would be incredibly discouraged and give up. I hope your mini goals go well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you both... like any journey, I guess it begins with a single step! But it also the hardest!! I made my lists today, got the groceries in the house!! Now I just have the work out part... oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini goals are definitely a good way to start. Looking only at the big picture can get pretty overwhelming at times. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goal!! Love the "mini goal" idea! Now I'm thinking about a mini goal for myself!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete