Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Setting My Goals!!!


So I’m reading about goal setting, specific to weight loss. There are sure a lot of tips and opinions out there!! Found a great article from The Mayo Clinic, (that should be reliable!!) and I thought I would follow their steps. So today is Step One and Step Two:

Tips for Setting Weight Lose Goals:
1. Personalize your goals. Set goals that are within your capabilities and that take into account your limitations. Also, consider your personal fitness level, health concerns, available time and motivation. Tailoring your expectations to your personal situation helps you set achievable goals.


I have thought about this a lot this morning. This is what I am committing to…

Goal Date: January 28, 2011
Goal Weight: 150

This is a reasonable goal. It is a little over 10 pounds. Given my capabilities and support system this is totally achievable. I have picked this date because I always weigh in on Fridays AND it is the day before my husband and I fly to New Orleans to board the NCL Spirit.

2. Aim for realistic weight loss. Healthy weight loss usually occurs slowly and steadily. In general, plan to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week even if your initial weight loss is a little faster in the first week or two. To do this, you need to burn 500 to 1,000 calories more than you consume each day. Also, don't expect to lose more of your body weight than is realistic. For instance, set a goal of losing 10 percent of your current weight, rather than 30 percent.

Looks like I am good there. I have about 10 weeks so I should be able to, realistically reach this goal.

I have written my goal down and put together a chart to track losses as well as expectations. This has always worked well for me… the chart thing. Takes me back to the kindergarten days I guess, when you got a gold star for accomplishing something.


http://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-127571/Weightloss-goals-10-tips-for-success?q=weight+loss+goals&FORM=FFF

No comments:

Post a Comment