Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...boo!

It is that time of year again when we like to reflect on the past year and be really pissed off at ourselves for not losing 55 pounds, for not quitting smoking AND for not getting our house perfectly clean!

Joy!

My Facebook friends are all talking about New Year’s Resolutions and naturally I have been thinking about what I would like to accomplish in 2011.

And funny thing, as I was driving to work this morning some dude with a dry, boring voice is talking about Resolutions and he sort of caught my attention. He was talking about the negative feeling the words New Year’s Resolution invokes in most of us. Now he really had my attention…because it is true. We all set resolutions but we all know we will ultimately fail and we have one more thing to beat ourselves up about! HA! We love that!!

Anyway…the boring voiced guy on the radio encouraged us to set our Resolutions in a positive tone. Example…instead of saying, “I will lose weight, I will lose 50 pounds” or whatever, say “I see myself in a size 12”. Instead of saying “I will stop smoking” picture yourself with healthy, pink lungs.
I like this way of thinking…I like the idea of just visualizing myself in a healthier way.

More tomorrow on Positive Resolutions…bring a paper and pencil with you!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a great idea! (Especially for the quitting smoking part- ahem, I need to get cracking on that one.) I have never looked at resolutions like that before, but I am thinking right now is the best time to start!
    Thanks for stopping my my blog! I can't wait to learn more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I also have to tackle the--ahem--smoking part. That might be a whole different blog!!)

    ReplyDelete